Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have maytag elec range model MER7662WS1 while baking electronic

i have maytag elec range model MER7662WS1 while baking electronic control stopped working and oven will not work. reset breaker no luck. the display is flickereing but unresponsive to any buttons
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok what do you need

Okay unfortunately that's not good. the first thing you want to try in pull the range out and unplug it. take the rear cover off over the control area and unplug each wire from the control and plug them back in. see if the clock comes back on without flickering then try the oven. let me know what happens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the display is blinking 5:15 but lights are faint

okay that's bad news, So it means the clock has failed and needs to be replaced. Can you tell me what color the face of the clock is ? white, Black, or almond ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

black

okay this should be it correct ? Oven Control Board W10476673 Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that looks right. i foung

d 3 different part numbers on internet site. i have local appliance parts supplier called marcone, formerly ap wagner or i cann order from whereever

your part number is XXXXX that's the Black one. heres a link to order it or you can order it wherever you want , http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10476673-ap5650169.html I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks .one more thing is this range a

piece of shit, it is only 3 years old?can i expect to fix this all the time?

That's a good question, these usually are good ranges so Buying another one you may even have more trouble, Today everything is suspect when it comes to the electronics. I would stick with it, I wouldn't believe you would have a lot of issue with it.