Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Hello. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSS42QMX02 which

Hello. I have a KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSS42QMX02 which is beeping twice 5 seconds or so. The lights on the control panel are also flashing. The condenser fan didn't seem to kick in at all, so I installed a new one which is now running sometime. The compressor seems to run ok, the refrigerator runs about ok, especially the freezer. Why is the freezer making these beeps. Is the control board (about 5"x5") toasted? I know the board is not offered for sale anymore, just for repair. One more thing: I tried to check the diagnostics listed at:
but the voltage between pins 9 and 11 was fluctuating between 12 and 9... V in the rhythm of flashing lights on control panel. A noise was audible - I later found it was coming from the air baffle motor. Eventually I realized the motor was trying to close the baffle every those 5 seconds or so even if the door was already closed.
I want to make sure that the control board is the blame before I spend more money and time on this. Can you help?

Hello Florin my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

People make that more complicated than it needs to be. I am sorry you had to go through that. The larger main board, not the power board with the transformer on it but the larger one with the rectangular relay's on it needs to be replaced. That is the only possible thing that could cause that to happen. If it were the power board there would be no power to the main board and nothing would be running, if it were the display board the display would not be working. The only thing left is the main control board Wink. Part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand yes that board must be rebuilt.

Please ask if you have questions, if not please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I was referring to pn:(NNN) NNN-NNNN aka. W10219463.

So you are sure that this is the only cause, right? I want to send this for repairs; hopefully when I return from my overseas trip (flying tomorrow, lol), the board will be ready...

I am positive that will take care of the problem. Send it on and when you put it in your fridge will be normal.

Have a very safe and fun trip. Take pictures!