Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hello, I have Maytag stacked washer/dryer, Model: LSE7806ACE

Hello, I have Maytag stacked washer/dryer, Model: LSE7806ACE (a washer and dryer combo). The serial number is 19841386CL which indicates that it is from June 2003- (see website: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/questions/253979-find-age-maytag-washing-machine).

One of my relatives put a heavy weight on the lid which dented the lid as a whole, which slightly warped the rod connecting to the lid. This rod then rotates and flips up the switch which turns on the water when you shut the lid. To get the switch to flip now, and the water to turn on, we have to slam the lid now.

Question 1: I would assume that we would need a new lid and rod attached to the lid? About how much would this cost?

Question 2: When I opened the front panel to look at the lid mechanism, the washer tub seems to wobble back and forth more than normal, so there must be some stabilizer that needs to be replaced. About how much would this cost?

Question 3: About How much would the labor for the above parts cost? Would it be worth the money to fix the washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Have you tried to bend the rod on the door hinge to make it have better contact?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yeah I bent the rod in several directions to help it contact the switch/lever better. That's how I got it to the point where it will work if you slam the lid down, before that it wouldn't work at all.

Basically I bent it back the way it was supposed to be as good as I can get it, but am not happy that I have to slam it down to use the washer

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Most likely either you need a new counter arm or the button it pushes inside the unit. you can click on the blue links below to order the correct part.

Click here for the counter arm

Click here for the button switch

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The other two questions were...How much would be the approximate cost of labor?

In your opinion, is it worth fixing the stackable washer dryer from 2003.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Parts are about $25.00 and if you hire a company to repair it, the labor cost is about $130-$150
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

In your opinion, is it worth fixing it or buying a new washer and dryer?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
The newer washer and dryers are not worth the money of scrap metal, I would have this one repaired...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Okay...thanks for your opinion. That's it!

Great job!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Alright...belated response here

I dissembled the unit myself to see the root cause of the problem. When a significant force was applied to the lid it caused the spring and a screw to come out of alignment, causing the counter arm to come out of alignment.

I fixed the screw that was out of alignment...However there is a spring that is connected to the counter arm as well, that I need to reattach. I forgot the specific attachment point for the spring

Do you have a diagram?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I do not have a diagram, but I can look tomorrow at the MFG to see if they have one..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is their a website you can direct me to for the diagram?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
I will have to find it if there is one, As a tech we pay for access to their sites, however they are doing updates to it at this time..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I fixed the control arm and spring. I figured out the spring went back in.

Now my questions is

Is the auto washer motor supposed to be oscillating back and forth?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
No the motor spins one way for agitate and the other way to make it spin...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/01-base-parts-for-maytag-lse7806ace.html

The link above shows what I am talking about. The motor mount, part 38, appears to be on runners and is moving back and forth. Is this normal?

How much is it supposed to move?

I will give you a bonus for the extra questions tonight. I really appreciate your help and honesty.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
THe motor when in spin, allows it to slip to let the water drain out before adding more tension to make it spin at top speed.
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

For another bonus, I have a video of the tub during the spin cycle and the motor moving back and forth on the runners...can you tell me if anything is wrong

http://www.wikiupload.com/19C6HIEUE4RSH6E

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Let me look at it

There is nothing there, I don't have an account there.. you need to put it on you tube..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Seen the video, I really don't see a problem there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

should the tub wobble like that during the spin cycle

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Yes that is how it controls the balance of the clothes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

What about this video..this appears to be the worst case scenario..I am washing a heavy rug

There is no rush to answering this additional video..you don't have to answer it right away in the morning or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DYjsw_XjY&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Still don't see a problem, especially when the unit is not made for washing items like that..