Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a stackable front load washer model MHWE301. It does

I have a stackable front load washer model MHWE301.
It does not spin and an error code F7E2. I have cancelled the cycle and selected Rinse/Drain and Spin and again it did not spin and same error code appeared.. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The error code you are getting is for a bad MCU, can you spin the drum by hand easily?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Does the drum spin easily?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
The motor controller is part of the motor itseld on this model, on most it is separate, you will need to replace the complete motor assembly on the machine, you can click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is hard to believe that on a 1 year old washer the motor controller is bust
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
These things happen, if it is under one year old, then it will be covered by warranty....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What you are really saying is call service and repair
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
No I am not, if the unit is under a year old then call them as it will be repaired free, if yo ucall them, it will cost you the part and the labor, and labor is going to be about $150 for this repair.. There is a 10 year warranty on the motor though, I just checked..

graphic

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was really surprised that you have cashed both $5 and $20 before I consent
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Your money that you deposited was only that, you have not paid me, refunds are given if requested, It is in escrow at the present time... ALso why the poor rating for trying to help you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is fine I will give you an ok rating
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Thank you... Call A&E Factory Service for the warranty repair on the unit, they are authorized repair center. 1.800.905.9505
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech