Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have aKenmore refigurator . the ice maker is not working.

I have aKenmore refigurator . the ice maker is not working. s#sm3831625.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Reach inside your ice maker to the left over the fingers. Is there ice in side that has not been dumped?

There are fingers that rotate to scoop the ice out of the ice maker and into the ice bin, are those about level and pointing just above 3 oclock?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

fills like theres ice inthe tray and the figers filllike 4 o clock.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
Trent try this, hold the door light switch by hand so the lights go out in the freezer. Does those ice maker fingers start moving?

Barry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
At the end of the ice maker near the door is a white cover that comes off. Remove the ice maker from the freezer by loosening the top 2 screws over the ice maker and remove the screw under the ice maker if its there. Then lift the ice maker off from those top two screws. Follow the wires to the rear wall, unlock the connector on the side and pull.

You will have the ice maker out. Remove that white cover I described by pulling, there area also a couple of screwdriver slots in the top and bottom if you need to use them.

Once you have that off there will be 3 or 4 phillps screws. Take those out. Pull of the square brown/tan part those screws held on. That is the part you need to replace to repair the ice maker. Click the link below to see a picture of the part and there is a video that shows how to change the part. The only difference is I like to take the ice maker all the way out.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Please ask if you have any questions at all, if not please leave a rating for me.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.