Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Kitchenaid model (P) KBFA25ERSS Ser. # (S) ECT1302237 Not

Kitchenaid model (P) KBFA25ERSS Ser. # (S) ECT1302237
Not cooling in the freezer or refrigerator
fan is running, there is a loud hum or buzz that that lasts for about 10 or 15 seconds every so often
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Down on the side of the compressor where the wires go in, is that where the clicking is coming from?

Is the top compressor too hot to hold your hand on it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The noise is coming from around the compressor, cant tell which side.

When I put my hand on the top of the compressor it is hot, I can hold my hand on it for 5 or 10 seconds but that's about as long as I can take.

This part is probably going to be the problem, be sure to unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet before touching this part. Its mounted to the side of the compressor. Especially if it smells or rattles when you shake it. This part can also break because of a compressor failure. The only way to find out is change it and see if the compressor does start.

Be sure to make a wire diagram or take a picture of where the wires go before you take them off. Or change the wires out one at a time. 67005560 is the part number you can shop with. One place that has that online is just below or you can shop locally.

Please ask if you have any questions at all so we may continue. If not please leave a rating for me.

Refrigerator Overload - 67005560
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you talking about the Capacitor that plugs into the side. It has two prongs that just plug in?

The part after that also comes off. The capacitor and the relay come as a set just like the image. The relay under that capacitor is sometimes difficult to remove. It does slide on the pins and comes off the same direction you pulled the capacitor off.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found it, Thanks.

So is the overload both pieces or what should I replace?

All of the pieces you removed come as a set, everything except the wire retainer clip. 67005560 is the part number, there is no other way to get it. Really you probably only need the overload/relay which is the last part you took off but its just not sold that way.

You are very welcome Barry, thank you for the opportunity and please ask if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced the Refrigerator Overload this morning but the fridge is still doing the same thing.

Do you have any other suggestions ?

Is the compressor clicking/buzzing every few minutes with the new part?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, about every 2 minutes it does the buzzing noise for about 15 seconds and then it just keeps repeating that pattern so I unplugged the fridge so it wouldn't cause further damage if it's not working properly.

When you first plug it in, say for example its been off more than 15 minutes. Can you hear the compressor start, then run for a little then shut down and buzz?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what happened but I plugged it back in after being off for a few hours and it started up and started cooling. The freezer is down to 44 degrees from 64, the fridge is still at 70 where it started but I will give it more time.

I have not herd the loud buzz and it has been on for about 30 min.

I will follow up if it doesn't work properly.

Thanks for the help.

Great, you are very welcome. The fresh food section does take several more hours to get cold. Sometimes 10 hours total.

I will watch for you to post, have a great day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bad news, it started doing the same thing again today. When we got up this morning the temp was up a little bit from last night and the loud buzzing noise is back. We were gone all day and when we got home the temp was 43 freezer and 58 fridge. I unplugged the fridge for about an hour when I got home then plugged it back in but the buzzing noise is still there.

Any other possibilities ?

Barry C.

Dang I am so sorry to hear that... there is a small possibitly that there is a particle of solder floating around that will become unstuck from the capillary tube. Its highly unlikely that is going on though. You could prove it if you left it off for a time and it began to cool again.I just really doubt that is happening. The compressor is probably gone bad. It sounds like an internal short, internal to the compressor.

Please ask anything, anything at all I will do my very best to help or advise.

Im sorry,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thanks for the info.

Gosh Barry I am so sorry to hear that,,,,its so hard to know. And even when your there you do what I suggested which is the thing that makes the most sense and it still does not work. I am one of those people who wants it right, that is how I was raised. I sincerely apologise....I am sorry that did not work.