Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire range that I have replace the control board

I have a Frigidaire range that I have replace the control board once on 2/12/2013 and now i have to replace it again. On both times that it has went out, the problem i had was NO-bake . The same as now, but the broil part is fine. The reason I am asking is because the bake terminal on the board has burnt.This is the 2nd time. Plus, this time the connector also gotten hot and melted the plastic shield on the wire harness. What would be causing this? The Mod.# XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

SO this is a very easy fix but also a very unfortunately issue that you've had to replace the control board 2 times now. The reason the terminal gets burnt is because the connection to that terminal is not making good contact. That causes the electricity to heat the connector up and short it out. You'll need to cut the wire back about 1 inch and put a new terminal on from the hardware store (Home Depot and Lowes will sell them), then replace the control board as well and you should be good to go again without this problem happening in the future.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

when i replaced it the first time I did also do that. What do you suggest now?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Re-run the entire wire between the element and the control board. The only reason this happens is from a poor connection between the element and board, so you must have missed something the first time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

ok. i'll do that too. Is it possible that I could have a bad bake Element?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Not for this issue. An element has a fixed resistance so it can't pull more power than what it's designed to pull. If the element was shorted out and not working at all, then that could cause the issue yes, but if this happened before and your eplaced the control board and it started heating--your element isn't shorted out.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.