Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

why does the ccu on a ghw9150 washer have a high pitched hum

why does the ccu on a ghw9150 washer have a high pitched hum when the washer is plugged in.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the error code please.
Ok Brian, it's very possible that a transformer or other component has failed on the CCU, this is backed up by the error code you are getting on the machine.

Serial communication error Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Potential Causes

• Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
• Check MCU
• Check CCU
• Check Motor
• Check Wire Harness

Replace failed component.

The CCU is located right under the top of the machine, sounds like it will need to be replaced.

If you need the part number can you give me the full model number from the sticker around the door please.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.