Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Whirlpool Cabrio washer, W10280477B, will not start and

My Whirlpool Cabrio washer, W10280477B, will not start and the lid lock light is flashing. The lid locks, but the lid lock light starts flashing and nothing happens. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi the lid lock light flashing is telling you there is a problem with the lid lock, this is why the machine will not start. If you could give me the full model number from the sticker under the lid I can look up the part number and go about telling you how to replace the lock. :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model Number on sticker under lid is WTW5500XWO

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks John, can you give me a minute to look that one up please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - A little advice on how to replace the part would be helpful, also.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks John.

Below is a link where you can order the part, If once you have clicked the link you bookmark the page you will also see a video at the bottom of the screen that will show you how to replace the switch :)

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Mike - I ordered the part re:the door lock for Cabrio washer. It was the exact correct part. I replaced it following the video instructions. It went in easily. BUT, the same thing happens. The door locks, the door lock starts flashing and the washer will not work. Any ideas?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry will get back to you in the am, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Mike - any idea why the lid lock light still flashes and machine won't work after I replaced the lid lock wiring harness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Mike is offline right now, maybe I can help you? How soon after you start the machine does the lid lock light start flashing? ALso does it make any other noises that you hear other than the door lock locking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, Chas - The normal startup process starts. The lid locks, the light comes on briefly, then it goes off and unlocks briefly, then the lid locks again and the light starts flashing and nothing else happens. I do not hear any noise, other than the lid locking.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Does this entire episode happen in less than a minute after starting the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I would like for you to put it in diagnostic mode, I will get you the tech sheet for it, it will take about 10 minutes for me to get it, From there you can pull the error codes that may be logged into the machine...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Click on the blue link below, save it,

Click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Have you got it into diagnostics yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes - now what?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay now get the error codes and tell me what they are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Chas - Are you still with me? We are in Seattle and lost power for a few hours. I will try to run the diagnostics now and let you know what I get.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I will be here for about another hour. let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Chas - If I read the display correctly, it showed a Lid Switch Fault, and then a basket speed sensor fault.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The lid lock error bothers me, as for the basket speed fault, that is the acutator, did you get the actuator into the white clip?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think so. I replaced the lid lock mechanism and it went back together perfectly.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Run the calibration routine and try using it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried it - No luck - The lid lock light still flashes and nothing happens

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I believe your problem is the shift actuator, this is what is throwing your error. you can order the replacement shift actuator by clicking on the blue link below.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - I will give it a try. Thanks for your help today.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem, be sure to rate my service to you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas - I replaced the actuator as you suggested. I recalibrated the machine and it makes no difference at all. I turn it on. It starts its "sensing" mode. Then the door locks and the "door lock" light starts flashing. Unless you have any better idea, I am going to call a repairperson.