Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

so annoying...... ERR 40 beeping constantly!

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So Error 40 means that your warming drawer is failing t heat up properly. Now it sounds like you know how to reset the error by holding the 3 buttons. If the issue keeps coming back, you'll need to leave it unplugged for now and eventually the display will go blank after 24 hours or so if the display still shows Error 40, but unfortunately the control board itself needs to be replaced if the reset procedure isn't working I'm afraid to say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tyler...problem is it's been unplugged for days as I couldn't stop the beeping any other way and the minute I plugged it back in, same message of "err 40" appeared... So what now??
The control board itself would need to be replaced unfortunately. If the only way you can stop the beeping is by unplugging the unit and the reset won't work, your control board would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Tyler... Thanks...very disappointed in this product OVERALL. Tho we have had this appliance for slightly over a year, shortly after it's installation, we needed to get Wolf in to replace the connector as it was defective and since then in total honesty I have used this appliance about 7 times and here we are again... Another major problem... I will NEVER recommend this appliance again not would I ever waste the $2300 it cost to purchase it... A waste of good money and as a consumer, a huge disappointment ...

Debbie Findlay
I completely understand your frustration. I just fix Wolf warming drawers but I definitely don't recommend them. I actually recommend the Dacor warming drawers just because they are very reliable and have reset buttons on them if something overheats.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tyler... I appreciate your honesty and sadly I got "talked" into this appliance to begin with and just another harsh reminder to stick to my gut! Total waste of money... Thank you for your info... Tho it will accomplish NOTHING, I intend to write WOLF w my complaint... If this was an OLD product that had been used extensively, that is one thing... This has been a real disappointment start to finish and I always believe a company the size of Wolf should step up, but it is consumers like me that end up eating it up and walking away all the poorer and frustrated. Thank you kindly for your input and advice. I was hoping for an easy fix but once again, not the case.
Debbie Findlay
Aye. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this with such a new appliance, but contacting Wolf directly is sometimes the best way to get their attention and sometimes I've seen them put the product back under warranty even if it's out of warranty.