Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

how does the agitator come off a maytag centennial washer,

how does the agitator come off a maytag centennial washer, I actually put arrow heads in the washer in a rag without knowing they were in there...so the razor parts of the head are in the washer drum, I guess, we can see them laying on the bottom when we turned it over
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you look under the lid for the full model number, it should be on a sticker.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

mvwc4doxw4 serial # XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
can you give me a minute to look that up Tracy.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

absolutely

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Ok this one can be very easy or very difficult.

The way to get the agitator out is to get a coin and remove the cap in the middle, Once the cap is off get a socket set and take the bolt out of the middle. Once the bolt is out the next part can be difficult, try pulling the agitator up and off, It may be stuck and you may need to wiggle it just a little bit to get it to come off :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply with your question.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so I got it off but some fell thru the little slots into bottom of drum, I guess it is, how do I get those out?

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
You would need to remove the tub for those :(

to do this you would need to lift the top panel by sliding a putty knife in the gap between the top panel and front panel, the top should lift up, make sure you tape the door down so it does not fall open when you lift the entire top.

Next pull the clips around the side of the plastic cover around the top of the tub. once this is off you will need to take the big nut at retainer off at the bottom of the tub where you just took out the agitator, you may need a special wrench to do this that you can purchase at any appliance parts store for about $10. once the nut is off you can lift the tub out and get to the things that fell through.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

:( I cant get the lid off....any tricks to this

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Give me a sec i will try to find a video for you.
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Actually i messed up, different washer :( the video although a whirlpool is nearly the same washer and is built the same,

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

WE GOT IT OFF!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome Tracy :) please don't forget to rate me. Mike

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Hi Tracy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,