Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Whirlpool Cabrio top load washer. Model WTW6800WW1.

We have a Whirlpool Cabrio top load washer. Model WTW6800WW1. The water level seems very low and will not change no matter how large of a load we put in the machine. Sometimes the clothes never get thoroughly soaked as I think they should. I have ask the dealer at Lowes were we purchased the machine and they don't have any answers. Hope you can help.

Best Regards, Dave
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is probably the number one complaint I get about these new Cabrio and Bravos washers, but they are working properly or else you'd get an error code from the stator motor trying to wash while the water is too low causing excess drag and the motor to struggle. The way this washer measures the water level is that it fils up with enough water to saturate the clothes in water. Then, it make sure there is a little bit extra water which can be seen if you remove all the clothes, that way the clothes can soak up more water if some of them did not get water on them on the initial fill. The fact is that the washer will not rinse or wash as well as older washers. This is due to government regulations and there is no way to adjust the water level. The government is forcing people to be environmentally friendly at a cost of performance.