Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a dacor mcs127r oven that will not bake or other heating

I have a dacor mcs127r oven that will not bake or other heating operations.
It is happened after I replace toch panel and control board . The fan working but the heating not .
Can you help with directions what to do please ?
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a single wall over and if the oven won't heat on any setting at all, chances are your high limit thermostat has tripped. To access this thermostat to reset it, you'll need to turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Next, open the oven door and remove all the screws going into the vent panel that runs across the door latch assembly. Remove the panels in front of the latch and there is a 1" round black and silver device with a tiny red button on it. Press the red button hard and if it clicks, the heat will reset and the unit will start working again. If it doesn't click, you either have a bad relay control board, or you're not getting 240 volts to the oven from your house. Test power at the junction block where the power cord connects to the oven if you have a multimeter, and if you have 240 volts getting to the oven, the relay control board would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I pressed the red button hard and it is not clicks .The power to the unit is 240 volts. So it would relay control board problem ?

Aye that is correct. If you are sure you're getting 240 volts and pushing the red button hard didn't make it click, you can try the oven to make sure it still doesn't heat, but if it doesn't heat then the relay control board would need to be replaced. It's the only other thing that would allow you to select all the cycles and temperatures, but not allow the oven to heat on any setting.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.