Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a GE Profile washer wont agitate wont spin

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you hear a motor running when it should be agitating and spinning or is it 100% silent?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

motor running

OK so you need to remove the front panel because it sounds like your transmission has failed, the clutch is slipping, or the belt fell off/ broke.

To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and hinge forward and down so that you can access the motor and belt. Watch the belt and the clutch (the clutch is the pulley mounted to the bottom of the motor). While the motor is spinning, if the pulley below the motor doesn't move then you need a new clutch. If the belt isn't attached or isn't turning but the clutch is moving, then check the pulley below the motor and make sure it's not jammed. If it is, then you need a new transmission. If the transmission isn't jammed, you'll need a new belt.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!