Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi Chas, It appears I may have the same problem as this post

Customer Question

Hi Chas, It appears I may have the same problem as this post I'm reading My amana fridge abb1927des freezer and fridge have stopped cooling but the fan is running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
Is the back wall of the freezer covered in ice or frost?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No ice or frost anywhere ..warm in both freezer and fridge compartment

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
Can you feel the compressor and feel if it is running or not?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

How do I do this

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
Richard,
you will need to pull the unit away from the wall and then from behind it remove the lower cover, the compressor will be a large black ball back there...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes I did that waiting for your response. The fan is blowing out on the left side of the unit. The compressor is quite warm but no real vibration emitting from it.

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
What brand is the compressor on it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yikes it has a blue indian logo, made it Brazil

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
That is real bad, that is a techumsah compressor, and it is shot, I was hoping it was not that brand and you could fix it for under $100, not it will need a new compressor which will cost over $500 to repair at least. I would not recommend repairing this, there are not many competent reapair people out there anymore and may give you more headaches after being replaced. You can install a hardstart kit on the compressor, and it may make it work for a while yet, however it can be one day or 1 year it will last. If you need to keep it going for at least a little longer, you can click on the blue link below to order it, it comes with installation instructions on it..

Click here for the correct part.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Chas I read that in another post you wrote and feared that. I'm going to order the hard start component and throw the dice for now. Is the hard start unit difficult to replace ? Can you steer me towards directions

on installing it please?

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
Takes all but 20 minutes to install.. THe directions are printed on the device itself. very easy to do...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks. One more question please. Did I pay $50.00 for just this session or do I have access for a little while ?

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
You paid $50.00 for this session, but this session as long it is on the topic of this fridge it does not end. If you want to ask a detailed problem about another appliance you have to ask another question, do you have another question about this appliance or another appliance?

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Chas, It's Richard Hall you helped me solve my fidge compressor

problem the other day,thanks... I have the part and need a little guidance.

Can you help me with the switch out please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Relist: Other.
didn't answer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Can you help me with the switch out on my blue indian The red, black and white terminals wire clips instillation are are pretty straight forward .

the two black power wires go where ? There is a white plastic clip with I'm assuming is power. One has two white wires in one termial the other a blue wire.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Not sure you are receiving my request. Please help soon my wife will be much happier with a fridge that works

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

regarding installing supco 410 on techumsah compressor

It looks like the start / white, common / black and common / red wire clips simply push on the three posts on the compressor terminal. My question is where do I hook in the two black power wires on the supco

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Relist: Other.
chas may be offline
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Can someone else help me with this problem please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Relist: Other.
no response
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! There are three pins on the compressor. Is the top one by itself, or the bottom one?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Kelly, The top is by itself.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Great! The black will go there, the red to the lower right and the white to the lower left pin. The two stranded wires (black) on the relay kit are the power wires that you connect the power wires from your refrigerator to. Let me know if you need better clarification, please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Kelly what wires do I hook the black power wires to. There is a clip on the old capacitor I'm assuming is power, one side one blue wire, the other side two white wires. Do I hook one black to the blue and the other black to the two whites ?

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Correct, one to the blue and one to the two whites. The blue is the hot and the whites are neutral. It does not matter which black wire you hook them to. Let me know if the compressor starts.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks so much... That's all I needed.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Great!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification.