Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

JennAir Model JED8430DBD: the left front radiant burner cycles

JennAir Model JED8430DBD: the left front radiant burner cycles on- off in the HIGH position. It should stay on I think, right?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does it cycle rapidly or just a few times a minute?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A few times a minute once it is hot

That is normal then, If the burner gets hot enough it has to shut down to keep it from overheating the burner, There is a high limit thermostat mounted on the element itself to make sure that this does not overheat and break your top...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I understand the intent but water never boils on HIGH. The burner operates as you describe in the 10 position. The manual says the element will cycle except in HIGH. So, is it the switch or the thermostat?

Then that would be the switch causing it, you never said before that it was not boiling water for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for last Submit with nothing. I will replace the switch. Thanks.

Your welcome