repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

GE JTP28 Double Wall Oven Recently, the lower oven, the

GE JTP28 Double Wall Oven

Recently, the lower oven, the one controlled by a rotating knob attached to a rheostat (I assume), will often not turn off. There seems to be a sweet spot where if you hit it, the oven will turn off, but even then, not always, and I can actually go slightly beyond off and the oven comes back on. Sometimes I can't get it off at all, and I have to trip the breaker. Sometimes we have come home to find the oven on. Not good.

I'm above average on the skill level, so hopefully I can get some good advice and fix it myself.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. The part in question, will probably need to be replaced. Its going to get worse before it gets better. There is a web site where you can order this thermostat. The site has a 100% buyback policy, that if it doesn't work, you can send it back for a full refund of your money. Please open the following site, and you can order from it;

Hope this helps, and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I will look at the part. How do I get behind that front panel to replace it? I see three hex head screws underneath the panel. Is there more to it then that?

Hi Rob, before any work, always be sure the breaker is turned off at your homes circuit breaker panel. In looking at the parts breakdown, it looks like you could remove the side screws into the cabinet, and slide it forward. Have something available to prop it so that when you pull the unit out, it will be stable. There is a removeable panel on the top, that will let you get to the control for replacement. Hope this helps also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. That should do it.

Thanks for the reply back, it is appreciated. If you would, would appreciate it if you would consider rating me with at least a 3 or above. This is how we get paid for our time and expertise. Thank you for your consideration.
Thanks again, for letting me help you, it is appreciated