Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

i have a admiral top load washer i cant get the lid opened

i have a admiral top load washer i cant get the lid opened it is locked. so i cant get the model number.
how do i get the lid opened?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you look at the bottom of the front panel, do you see a couple of Phillips screws?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes there is

Great! If you remove those two screws, that front panel will pull down and free to be removed. You will then be able to reach up and manually move the locking arm that has the lid locked down. It will likely look like the picture below. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the part # XXXXX need to replace?

Well, the model number would be very useful to be certain it is the correct one. There are a couple different styles. Does it look like the one pictured above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have not seen it yet but you can give me both numbers, thanks.

The most common one isNNN-NN-NNNN available below. The other one now crosses to that one, so it is now only one!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!