Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi I have a GE adora gas dryer model number dhdvh52gf1ww.

Customer Question

Hi I have a GE adora gas dryer model number dhdvh52gf1ww. The dryer does not get hot. It gets a little warm at first but then goes cool. I suspect this is a problem with the main coil or the igniter. Is there an easy way to tell which?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. good evening, First off don't take the sides off. you go in through the front on this take a look at the video and you dryer will come apart in a similar fashion , look for screws holding the front panel and control. Gas coils and video now you front will be different so heres a diagram . see if you can remove the front panel and then you can replace the coils, thats what the issue is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looking at sears parts direct I can purchase a main coil, and a dual solenoid valve. do I need to replace them both? I have not tested it but I suspect the igniter is working as I feel a little heat in the begining but the burner is not firing. I can reassemble it enough for it to work and see if the igniter is coming on.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes if the igniter is coming on you should always replace both coils, shut the lights off and start the dryer on high heat, look down inside and you will see the orange glow if the igniter is coming on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also am having an issue with my Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator. model # XXXXX I again suspect what the problem is, would you be willing to help with this as well?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sure no problem. whats the issue with it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my icemaker overflows when filing with water causing a frozen iceburg wall of ice when it is discovered. the fill cup fills up with ice so when the valve opens to fill the tray the water flows into the freezer rather than the tray. the fill cup continues to fill with ice even after being cleaned out. I suspect the inlet valve is leaking a bit causing the ice to build up in the cup. I would like to replace the inlet valve, but the part does not seem to be available on sears parts direct.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes I suspect the valve also, the valve is available at the link for $34.00 valve this has all you need to fix that issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

awesome. Now I just have to figure out how to access the back of the refrigerator. It is a "built-in" but I think I figured out how to remove the side trim which I think will free up the refrigerator to slide out.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh man ! yeah the diagrams don't show where the valve is but a lot of times its in the top near the compressor or in the bottom front on these so check those places before pulling it out for sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will check those places now that I know what I am looking for. I appreciate your time and thank you for pointing me to repair clinic.com for parts. that alone is going to save me a bunch. I am going to make sure to give a great rating.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and I will always be here if you need me even after you rate me. I leave them open in case. have a great night, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My parts for the dryer arrived today. I had the could changed and the whole thing re-assembled in 15 minutes and it fired right up. Many thanks. I have yet to work up the courage to tackle the ice maker.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
LOL that's great ! Good job ! If you need help with the ice maker just request me and I'll be glad to help. Have a great day and thanks, Bryan