Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 650 sub zero and the ice maker is not working. I

I have a 650 sub zero and the ice maker is not working. I changed the WCV and still no ice. I discovered the arms that kick out the ice are stuck in the 6 oclock position. I have tried the wire between T&H and held in the most left button. The icemaker has one wheel that says do not manullay turn. I have held the bell buttton and unpluged the unit for a minute. I do not have service ice maker indicator on. Ice is on. Freezer temp is 00. Tommy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately jumping the icemaker between T and H doesn't always work even though most of the time that will like you know if the icemaker is working. If it doesn't work then probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator.  First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees.  Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice.  If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad.  If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out.  You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Remember the ejection arms are straight down. If I were to fill the IM with water then the arms will be in the middle of the cube. don't think it will eject a popsickle ice cube. The order I did this trouble shoot was to clean the top right coil, hairdryer trick and replaced the WCV. Then I felt inside the ice maker and realized the arms were down. Like you I think the IM motor is bad. Also held down the bell 10 secs and unplugged the unit.

OK I see what you're saying. If the icemaker is stuck with the arms pointing straight down, without a doubt you have a bad icemaker and the icemaker needs to be replaced. There is no reason why the icemaker would ever stop in the middle of the cycle other than if the icemaker itself failed.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.