Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I stop the convection fan in my microwave convection oven to stp ratteling when I

How do I stop the convection fan in my microwave convection oven to stp ratteling when I turn the convection oven on?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the convection fan most of the time causes the noise due to the fan blades getting warped from the convection element over time. You can try to bend the blade back as straight as you can until you can spin it without it rattling, or you can replace the convection fan blade itself. If the shaft on the convection motor is wobbling and the blade isn't just warped, the convection motor would definitely need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get the blade out in order to straighten it?

Now that is REALLY a big task. You have to go in through the back and the entire back panel is removed, then the entire back panel that the convection fan motor mounts to also needs to be removed so that the fan blade, motor, and mounting panel all come off as one piece.