Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

water leaking from frig/freezer. temp seems ok on both side

water leaking from frig/freezer. temp seems ok on both side . bottom shelf on freezer had a layer of ice shiding basket drawer frozen fast. think I might need service. WHAT IS PROBLEM IF I NEED SERVICEE, who is QUALIFIED in trotwood , ohio. 45426, to service a model FRS23KF7A?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Ok thanks Dick,

The problem here is the defrost drain is blocked, In order to fix this problem remove the shelfs/drawer from the freezer, Next remove the lower panel in the rear inside the freezer. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator (looks like a car radiator) below this you will see the defrost drain pan.

Use a hair dryer to melt the ice you will see in the drain pan. Mop the water up with paper towel, you will then see the defrost drain. Pour hot water into the drain pan, leave the water for a few minutes then mop it up, Repeat this several times until you see the water drain away.

Once you see the water drain install a defrost drain strap to stop this problem happening again. Click here to order a strap

At this point you will be all set and can button the unit back up :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply with your question.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.