Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My maytag runs on scrub cycle but will not turn on the normal

My maytag runs on scrub cycle but will not turn on the normal cycle??What could be causing this issue?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, does the "scrub" cycle button indicator light illuminate when you push the button or does it act like you're not even pushing it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortuanely I am in michigan and this unit is in florida. I was hoping you could still help.. It is a maytag new model but not the top line unit. This unti turns a knob and there is no buttons.

OK to you turn a mechanical knob to select the cycle and it runs on scrub cycle but won't run on normal cycle whatsoever? Does the timer count down to the end on normal cycle even though it won't run?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We never let it go that long. I does not start the wash cycle as it sit there and then we move it to scrub to clean the dishes.

OK so if the dial is working in one position and not another, you just have a bad timer. If the unit is less than a year old, Maytag will come out and replace the timer at no charge, but if it's over a year old the timer normally costs about $100 just for the part depending on the exact model number. Either way, it would definitely need to be replaced to get all the cycles functioning properly again.