Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I want to know how to repair my dryer. frigidaire washer/dryer

I want to know how to repair my dryer. frigidaire washer/dryer stackable combo model FE0BB30DS0. Dryer display shows 2 dashes and will not respond to ANY button presses. Washer seems to work fine. In the past the dryer has been heard to make chirping noises and the display would go crazy blinking. Has not happened for some time though. Now even after unplugging and reconnecting the display will not change and no button presses even register with a noise. No action at all. How do I open and what do I need to check for?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the only thing that can cause this problem is the display control board itself. If you've already tried to unplug the unit and that didn't fix the issue, there is nothing left but to replace the display board. The problem is that this board is no longer made so tracking one down will be difficult, but the part you need isNNN-NN-NNNN To access the control panel, you must pull the dryer out and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back up and off. Then you can remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel and separate the control board from the control panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!