Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Electric Range GFE461LVS 0 When we bake

I have a Whirlpool Electric Range GFE461LVS 0
When we bake the oven goes over temperature and displays. "Fault Code. Press Start to try again"
I tested the oven temperature sensor with a Ohms meter and it is OK. I suspect it is the control board W10157242 but wanted to confirm before I spent $300.

Thank you,
Mark
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are exactly right that your control board is bad. If there was a different issue you'd get a specific error code like F7, or F5 or something like that. If it just says "Fault Code", then your display board itself will need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!