Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn-Air Gas-Electric Grill-Range with convective

Customer Question

I have a Jenn-Air Gas-Electric Grill-Range with convective oven model SVD48600P that is about 15 years old. My problem is locating a Door Lock switch p/n PS120443 which is posted as "Not Available" as in not being manufactured any longer. Do you have any resources to suggest? Are there any after market sources that you could suggest? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you actually need part number 71001845. The PS120443 is a Partselect.com number but the 71001845 is the manufacture's number. That being said, I have located the part for you and you can order it in the link below if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for door lock assembly

Tyler Z. :

I'm not sure if you can read this since you haven't entered chat and sometimes customers have an issue with chat so I'll switch this question to "question and answer" format and re-post what I just said.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE for door lock assembly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler,
You gave me the door lock and switch for the light. I need the single switch to indicate that the door is closed and locked so the oven clean cycle can be turned on. It is located on the upper right corner of oven frame.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, that is called the "door switch". Below is a link to a replacement switch you can use.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tyler. I just ordered the part and hopefully my problem is solved.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem at all. Good luck to you!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tyler,

Can the lock switch be removed by pulling it through the door frame or is there a more lengthy process required to replace this switch? Thanks.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The switch does come through the front frame, but in order to push it through you must get behind it to unclip it. That requires you to remove the control panel and possibly the cooktop depending on how much room you need..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Can you direct me to some guidance on disassembly?

John Dargin

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That unfortunately would likely require someone at the house because you need to pull the door open and remove the screws coming in from the bottom of the control panel, pull all the knobs off and remove the screws behind each knob. There may be some screws coming in from the sides that you need to remove as well. Other than that you should be able to remove the control panel and have access the switch if you can work in tight spaces.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Tyler. I should be able to manage the disassembly with the last bit of info you sent.

Best regards,

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best.