Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi Have a M# XXXXX dishwasher. Wont start. Closed the

Hi Have a M# XXXXX dishwasher. Won't start. Closed the door,checked for electricity to unit H20 is working and none of the control buttons light up. Been working fine until just yesterday and only had it 8 months.
Help Mr. Wizzard
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So is this unit 100% completely dead with no signs of life right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Tyler,

Its a Whirlpool Dishwasher btw. should have mentioned that.

Yes completely dead. We checked for power to the unit from the house. power checked out.

checked power to the board and the plugin for the mother board had power but no response from the control buttons or lights. Thank you so much.

It's ok. I knew it was a whirlpool based on the model number. Now this unit is less than a year old so you really don't want to take it apart to much or you risk voiding the warranty. But if it's completely dreaded, you could have a bad thermal fuse on the control board, a bad control board, or bad power going to the dishwasher. Since the first two would cost money even if you fixed them yourself, we won't worry about those options because they are covered under warranty. You'll want to first flip the circuit breaker to the dishwasher on your house off for 60 seconds and flip it back on to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, remove the screws going into the lower kick panel below the door. Remove the door and make sure none of the power wires connecting to the junction box on the dishwasher are shorted out. If you have a multimeter test power between white and black on the junction box to make sure you have 120 volts. If you have 120 volts getting to the dishwasher, call warranty because even a bad fuse is a $40 part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tyler,

I tried turning off the house breaker for more than 60 seconds and then turned it back on with no results so it is not that at least.

I tested the black and white wires on the junction box down below on the bottom and we have electricity.

This leaves either the fuse or the board so we will be going to whirpool and getting ahold of them for parts. It is getting late and I have to get up early for work tomorrow, is it alright if I contacted you sometime tomorrow for a couple more questions if the whirlpool people ask us?

Thank you so much for your help so far. Hope you have a good night.

Yes of course. Even after you rate me the question stays open so that you can ask follow-up questions later if needed at no charge.