Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

I just purchased a house and it has a through the wall Ac/heater

I just purchased a house and it has a through the wall Ac/heater unit. LG Model LWHD1807HR. The unit will not come on with the remote and the panel on the unit dose not work either. I read all the reviews for this model and there where lots of complains about the panels going out after just a few years. I went on the LG website but because the unit was not registered I can not use the 5 year warranty. The unit looks brand new.
It could not have been used very much because it is so clean, even the outside fins look new. I found replacement parts online but I don't know if changing the main control board will fix the problem? There are two main boards LG36871A20611V with the display for $20 and the LG#EBR39264503 FOR $80. Will changing the board fix the unit ??

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Yes, it should fix the unit, as long as the voltage is correct going to the unit. You will need to replace both boards. They work together and can damage each other, this is why we replace both. You have done very good research. Make sure to turn off incoming electric to the unit before replacing boards. Handle boards from edges to prevent damaging them from the static electricity from you body. Please give me a great rating if I was able to assist you....Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know if the two boards I listed are the correct boards for this unit ?

EBR30851603 main board $55.29, 6871A20611V pcb sub board, $ can get these parts at the following sear web site. If this information has helped, please give a great rating....Thanks again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it did fix it. thank you so much.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You are welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.