Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

maytag dryer mod # XXXXX 5500 ayw. motor wont come on .thermal

maytag dryer mod # XXXXX 5500 ayw. motor wont come on .thermal fuse is good , high limit on element ,good. thermister next to hermal fuse on blower housing has 14 .005 ohms. door latch is good also. help.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! When you start the dryer, do you hear a click from the control area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not a sound, bad board?

Maybe, do you have a meter to test with? Also, are you certain the door switch is good?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes , i have a meter . i checked the door and got continuity when i closed the switch

Thank you! On the board, you will see 2 large relays. One has a black and gray wire, the other has a purple and black wire. Can you start the machine and test between the gray wire and ground for 120 VAC, please? Make sure the door is shut, please, when you test.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only got 1 volt on grey wire

Okay, how about on the black wire, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

black wire 120

Okay, and may I have the serial number from the tag, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

72799661ja

Thank you very much! So, we know we have voltage to the board, and if the door switch is showing closed, that means the issue is with either the main board or the touch pad. It could be that the touch pad is not sending the signal to the board to start, which is much more common than the board failing in this manner. So, what I would recommend is this.

Unplug the dryer and use a hair dryer to heat the start button until very warm while you rub very firmly over the button many times. Get the button as warm as possible but do not heat enough to damage it. Then, plug the dryer back in and see if anything changes. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and if that doesnt do it?

If that does nothing, I suspect the main board is bad. However, it could be either, still. I would replace the board first. If you order from the link below, you can return it for a full refund if it does not remedy the problem.This way, you will not be out if it still is not starting. These kinds of issues are hard to diagnose with 100% certainty, so this is the best way to proceed.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!m

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!