Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have kenmore microwave 2 yrs old scts completly dead I checked

I have kenmore microwave 2 yrs old scts completly dead I checked fuse they are good, capacitor, good?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Do you have a model number ? look inside on the side wall . thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

401.80082

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay perfect I gather you have a volt meter correct ? you said you checked the in line fuse was it the one inside the microwave control panel. you checked ? Line Fuse M0805101 Main Product View
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I have power getting trough the fuse board.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay the issue is most likely the thermal fuse on the top (roof) of the microwave. Thermostat DE47-20059B Main Product Viewits number 6 on this diagram. they are a pain to get to though. do you have the microwave down or is it still up ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do you test it and could you bypass it to see if that's all it is

Thanks jim

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
well you test it for continuity. heres a video on how to test them. Video I wouldn't bypass it , its a safety and if you bypass it if theres something else going it can damage the control. you can order the part at that same link for around $2.60 so its cheap. hope that helps. let me know if its bad, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I got it taken care of you were a great help

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
That's great to hear, have a great night and please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.