Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.The microwave is safe to use because it's not actually turning on as far as the heat goes. This is a common problem and it means that one of your door switches has failed and would need to be replaced. Now there are 3 switches and you really need to test each one with a multimeter to see which one is either not mounted quite right or the switch is just going bad. Below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches. Make sure you test them by opening and closing the door and not by pushing down on the switches. The video is of a Whirlpool microwave so access isn't exactly the same, but it should be close if you have an over the range microwave. If it's a built in or counter top microwave, the entire outer shell of the microwave would need to come off to replace the part. Testing the switches is identical to the video however.CLICK HERE for videoPlease remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!