Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

icemaker not working after new icemaker installed

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Did you replace the water valve, too? What was the original reason the ice maker was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have not replacedwater valve. icemaker stopped making ice

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, no worries. Can you refer to the picture below and tell me what you see, please?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the fingers are down on icemaker. fill tube is in proper place on my icemajer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
How about that red light? Does it flash or stay steady when you hold the LH flapper in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

flashes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
To be sure I understand, you hold the LH flapper in and that red light still flashes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i hold just lefthand flapper it flashes but if i hold lightswitch also red light goes out

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! The optics control (basically, the fancy power switch to the ice maker) is faulty. That part is what powers the ice maker. The light should stay steady or the relay will not close to energize the ice maker and is the reason the ice maker is not working. There are three screws on each of those plastic panels that will come out and then they will simply unplug and come out so you can install the new components. The correct parts kit for your model is pictured and available below. Very well done!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Optics Kit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!