Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi Kelly: I have the same issue as JA (expert was Chas (7mths

Customer Question

Hi Kelly:

I have the same issue as JA (expert was Chas (7mths ago). Originally, this stove was owned by my brother, but was barely used. The touch pad use to work, as I used his oven a few times in his apartment. He relocated and gave me his Jennair stove model#jgs8860bdp serial#13004082jv (maytag app)per the tag on the stove. The stove works fine, but I can't use the oven, as the touch pad is locked. I unplugged it for at least a half hour and when I plug it back in I get the time which is 12:00 and an error message EE214 M214. I used the blow dryer, as per your instructions for a few minutes and pressed the number and nothing beeps. The incorrect time is what it stays on.
You stated "If all of the keys do not come back, the panel is available below. " I clicked on that link and it gives a touch pad, but for whirlpool model doesn't list that is also good for maytag app.

Do you have any other suggestion? Also, if the touch pad needs to be ordered and replaced in a scale from 1 through 5 how hard is it to install the touch pad ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry for the delayed response, I had to step out for a bit. So none of the buttons will respond on the touch panel? Will they beep or anything?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

They don't do anything or beep.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
This is kind of an odd problem with the display reading the program numbers. Those are not error codes. It could be a control issue or a touch panel issue. There really is not much way to determine since it is totally unresponsive, but I do suspect the touch pad is faulty if even the CANCEL pad is unresponsive. I would replace the touch pad, it is easy to replace and available below. If you order from the link I provide, there is no risk because you can return it if the problem persists, even if installed! I can help with install once you receive the part, if necessary. There is no extra charge for follow up questions!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Touch Panel <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Kelly:

As per previous interaction via email you stated once I get the part I can reach out to you if I need additional help in installing the panel on the stove. I am just waiting to get paid in a week to order the part and with hope that you will be available to help me, if needed. I do appreciate your your help.

Thanks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Oh, of course! I work every day but Sunday, so I will be here when you are ready. Just post back and we can pick up, and like I told you, there is not one cent extra fee for the follow up help!