Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Gold Microwave/Oven combination (mdl: GMC275PDS07).

I have a Whirlpool Gold Microwave/Oven combination (mdl: GMC275PDS07). I press the minutes to cook for the microwave and then hit enter. There is an error message: "door".

Seems to be a common problem, but the fix ranges from a door sensor to a secondary fuse. Not sure how hard to diagnose and fix. I purchase the unit in 2004 from Sears.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually, the error "door" is misleading on the oven microwave combos. The "door" error appears when one of the fuses in the microwave fails because it cuts power to all the door switches. Unfortunately there are several fuses that could have failed and none of them are easy to access. The most likely fuse that has gone bad is the fuse behind the control panel up above the microwave.

To access, the bottom door will need to be opened, then the 2 screws going into the left and right side trim unscrewed. They are located near the bottom just on the inside of the trim. Remove both screws and the trim will pull out at the bottom and then straight down. That will expose 2 screws going into the control panel from the right and left side. Remove these screws and the control panel will pull off.

As for the other fuses if you find that the main bus fuse is good, once you remove the control panel remove the screws going into the vent below the control panel and pull the vent off. Now open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent below the microwave and remove the vent. There are 2 screws going into the feet of the microwave. Remove these 2 screws and then grab the bottom of the microwave and pull it out about 10 inches or so. Then you can access the fuse behind the control cavity just to the right of the microwave.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.