The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Kenmore Oasis Elite is not completely drying clothes during

Kenmore Oasis Elite is not completely drying clothes during a cycle. I have checked for blockages, replaced ignitor and coils, thermister,thermostat ohm out correctly. I cannot enter test mode to check for codes. Control Panel has also been replaced.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 10 months ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The one thing that usually causes this is the only thing I do not see in your repair/diagnosis list.
The flame sensor.
Please post the model number and I will look up the part for you.
Regards, Smitty
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Smitty, the flame sensor has continuity, and the hi limit thermostat, and cutoff do as well. My model is XXXXXXXXXXX for reference. The dryer will not go in to diagnostic mode to check codes.

Flame sensors can have continuity and still not work. If the unit will not go into the diagnostics mode then you have a main control board failure. The diagnostics is similar to the BIOS chip in your computer. It is the basic operating programming that the unit uses to operate with. If it fails the unit may exhibit many different faults. The flame sensor may be just fine, but if the main control board does not read its inputs correctly the unit can do just like it is doing now. If no flame is seen by the control board it will keep going through the relight routine. That is what you are seeing now. It lights, control board waits for flame sensor to tell it that there is a flame, and not receiving/understanding that signal it shuts off the gas and goes through the lighting procedure again. You have replaced the control panel, but is there a control board that needs to be replaced? I will need the units model number to answer that question (it was Xed out for some reason. Place a period after the first three digits please).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the confusion, I have replace the control board not the control panel. Is there a jumper test on the board to see if it is bad before forking out over $100 to see if it is bad. I tried to enter the model number but it came up as XX's. It is 110 770 326 01.

Do me a favor and see if the first 7 in the model number is XXXXX a 2, please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It is a 7. It is a 2008(ish) Kenmore Elite Oasis Gas Dryer

I am sorry , but there are no other tests for the control board. Only the diagnostics mode.
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

That's what I was afraid of, I think I have tested everything I can. Thanks for your help!