Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung Dishwasher Model DMR78AHS. Yes, its a piece

I have a Samsung Dishwasher Model DMR78AHS. Yes, it's a piece of junk, and although less than 5 years old and paid around $900 for it, I'm considering replacing it. Problem is a code 4E, water supply problem. It's not something simple, like the supply valve is shut off, or the supply hose is clogged. I have replaced the water supply valve. It seemed to help a little, in the sense that the washer will fill and run for a short while before the 4E pops up. Prior to replacing the valve, the 4E had been coming up immediately after the initial drain cycle (no water fill at all). When I press Delicate/Heavy/Power to see the diagnostic code, it comes up 2d, then H10. I haven't been able to find any information on this code. I don't own the repair manual. My favorite local appliance repair place doesn't touch Samsung (why am I not surprised?) If it's a faulty PCB Board, it would be covered under 5-year warranty, but the Samsung authorized repair shop will charge me minimum $180 to diagnose and repair. My questions: can someone tell me what the 2d H10 means? Does it provide any information beyond what a 4E tells me? Does anyone have experience repairing a 4E problem beyond what I have done thus far and can they suggest what my next do-it-yourself repair step should be?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I am not sure what those codes are as they are not in the manual. The service mode is not initiated the way you did it, so those may be factory programming codes. I can send you the manual or walk you through diagnostics, whichever you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly,

Do you mean the repair manual? If you can send me a .pdf of that, it would be great. What do you mean by walk through diagnostics? Is that an involved process? Can you outline the steps?

Thanks. Jim

The complete, full color manual is available below! Please be patient downloading, it is a large file!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for sending the manual. Can you please answer my other questions: What do you mean by walk through diagnostics? Is that an involved process? Can you outline the steps?

Thanks. Jim

I can, or they are on page 4-2 of the manual. Basically, you press the Delay Start, Normal & Power keys at the same time for a few seconds. Then, you can walk through the diagnostics and test each component. That 4E error can be the valve, flow meter or low level sensor. That manual will show you how to access and replace each part, too!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, following section 4-2, I get into t1 mode, pressed the Delay Start key, and it drained for 45 seconds like it said, but then I get a 4E right away - water never started to fill. Then it says if the pulse count is greater than 660, change the mode. What do they mean by pulse count? Whatever that means, it says the parts involved in the 4E are the inlet valve, flow meter, and low level sensor. Since I've already replaced the inlet valve, which part should I replace next? Is it just a guessing game at this point, or can you recommend the next step?

Thanks. Jim

You would need to test the power output of the board to the valve, looking for 120 VAC. I suspect that voltage will be there since it does fill a little bit. I suspect the flow meter is what is causing your trouble. The part is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you are saying makes sense to me. Repair Clinic is where I got the inlet valve from, so I'll order that next. Thanks for your help. If I have any followup questions after trying that part, I'll be in contact. This is my first time trying this service, and I am a satisfied customer. Will leave positive feedback. Thanks again and good night.

Thank you so much, and be sure to save that manual! You can return that valve if you ordered from Repair Clinic, even if installed! That is why I recommend them! Please know I will be here if you have trouble once you receive the part, so please don't give a second thought to posting back. There is not one cent extra charge for follow up questions!