Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Sears Kenmore refrigerator mod.106.58902802, serial

We have a Sears Kenmore refrigerator mod.106.58902802, serial no. SY2925940. It has been bothering my wife, and seems to be getting worse, with a very high frequency noise which I cannot hear. It is very disconforting to her. What can be done to prevent this high frequency noise so we can continue to use this refrigerator.
Thanks, XXXXX
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does the noise seem to get louder when the freezer door is opened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Does the noise seem to be from the compressor? They can make a high pitched noise, mostly heard by women. Excess heat can cause this to happen if the fan is not cooling the compressor properly or the coils are dirty. If you remove the front kickplate, is there quite a build up on the condenser coils?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot check the coils tonight. Will check tomorrow.

Sounds good,I suspect a good cleaning will help with the noise, Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cleaned the coils as you suggested and the high pitched sound seems to have increased. the noise level is very irritating to my wife. Are there any other possible solutions?

That noise is likely coming from the compressor. That is a problem that is not uncommon and will likely require replacing the compressor if everything is clean and air flow is good and the problem persists. What type of flooring is your refrigerator on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The floor is ceramic tile.

You may have limited success by placing a rubber mat under the refrigerator, available at most any appliance retailer.