Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Kenmore microwave oven, (model no. 721-80412500)and

I have a Kenmore microwave oven, (model no. 721-80412500)and it is approximatey 10 years old. When I am boiling water on the stove (which is under the microwave) the microwave ceases to operate. The numbers 77.77 show up on the top right-hand of the microwave and the instructions flash on as " press POWER or START. When I press POWER or START nothing happens.
What is the solution ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Does the unit go back to working after you are done cooking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The microwave does go back on after approximately 2 or 3 hours after I have finished cooking water underneath the Microwave.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok peter can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

o.k.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Peter, basically what is going on is moisture from cooking is getting into the touch pad and causing a short, this is likely because there is a small crack either on the fascia or inside on the ribbon connector, This would need to be replaced but I have just looked up the part number and it is no longer available :(

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to purchase the same type and model number Microwave (white in color). Are they still made, and where can I purchase one ? I live in Kansas City Missouri.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter, All the above range microwaves are the same specifications, it just depends what options you want.

You can purchase a pretty good and cheap unit from either lowes or home depot.

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.