Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

MY low e washer, model wtu4950xwo does not spin dry well.

MY low e washer, model wtu4950xwo does not spin dry well. Two years ago, a technician fixed a loose j16 connection. My guess this that this is the same problem. How can I fix this myself?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the J16 connection is the wire harness that connects to the actuator below the tub and goes up to the control board and connects to the control board. You'll want to remove the actuator and screw the connection. Look at the belt and make sure the belt and large pulley are in good shape. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the actuator which you may need to do if you don't find a loose connection. But even if you don't need to replace the actuator, it lets you know what needs to be done to access and check for the wire connections to the actuator.

CLICK HERE for actuator video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, can I try this, and then come back online to get more info if needed?

Yes of course. Even after you rate me the question is left open and an E-mail is sent to you with a link to come back and ask follow-up questions if needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now it does not start washing. Water runs in. Then it stops.

I'm not sure what to say. You'd need to pull up an error code to see what the washer is thinking. There is a tech sheet folded up inside the control panel that walks you through how to pull up an error code and what they mean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, I think this is above my level.

Alright, well I'm sorry to hear that, but everyone should know when to stop so that you don't end up damaging something further.