Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

what procedures do I follow to clean the oven?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like you're setting the oven correctly, but the oven just doesn't think the door is shut even though it is shut and locked. To be clear, after you close the door, pull the latch to the right, and press the CLEAN button, you need to press then up/down button to select the correct cleaning cycle (high, medium, low). Then after 5 seconds it should start self clean. Now there are switches built onto the door latch assembly and one of these switches isn't reading properly. Unfortunately these switches are riveted onto the latch so you'd need to replace the entire latch assembly to solve this problem which is part number 74009710 and costs about $95 or so. So if the oven won't start and you're definitely doing the correct procedure, the door latch assembly would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!