Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Gemini double oven, model #MER6875AAB/FINQSW,

I have a Maytag Gemini double oven, model #MER6875AAB/FINQSW, yesterday after using the small upper oven I couldn't shut it off using the cancel button on the panel. I had to unplug the stove to shut it off. Could you tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance Marg
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is only one thing that would cause the oven to continue heating even after you try to shut it off and that's the control board. Normally you could have the touchpad fail or the control board fail, but on this model these parts are built together. If unplugging the stove doesn't reset the problem and the issue continues or comes back when you plug the stove back in, the entire display touch control board would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part and unfortunately it's not cheap at all. The part number is XXXXX and it costs about $230.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I continue to use my upper oven and just unpug the stove when done using it so it shuts off the oven, until I can afford to replace the panel

If it's still regulating the temperature correctly and only the cancel button has failed, then yes you can definitely still do that for an intermediate solution.