Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have ge washer model#gjsr2080t6ww,that wont spin heavy loads

I have ge washer model#gjsr2080t6ww,that wont spin heavy loads completetly,clothes a re still dripping wet when spin cycle does light loads ok.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it's just on heavier loads that the washer doesn't seem to spin the clothes out? On all the other lighter loads it spins out fine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

light loads seem to spin ok. anything more than three bath towels dont spin out completely.

OK so the only things that would cause the unit to not spin out on heavier loads but allow it to work fine on lighter loads is the clutch or the belt, depending on which one is slipping. You'll need to remove the front panel and just watch to see if the clutch under the motor (this is the pulley part that the belt looks around on the motor shaft itself) is slipping, or if the belt is slipping while the motor pulley is turning full speed.

To remove the front panel, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and hinge forward and down so that you can access the inside of the washer.

Then just replace the clutch or the belt depending on which one is slipping.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the clutch located, and what has to come apart in order to replace it ,given that belt is still ok.

The clutch is the entire bottom pulley on the bottom of the motor. That entire pulley would need to come off the motor which is held on by a set screw and then that entire pulley and clutch assembly is replaced. The part number is XXXXX .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got it ,is there anything else i need to know,will i need a puller to get the pulley off. is there anything that needs to be removed before i can access the pulley ?

You don't need a pulley puller to remove the pulley, but there will be a set screw which I believe requires an allen wrench to loosen, then the pulley pulls off. A pulley puller will help, but not needed.