Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE clothes washer Model#WCSR417OG2WW. The load level

I have a GE clothes washer Model#WCSR417OG2WW. The load level knob broke off (I don't see the shaft). I have the knob but not sure what to order to repair. Also, not sure how to "open" back splash to repair. This model was not available on GE's website to find specs.

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Tyler Z. :

So that load level knob has a switch behind it and the shaft itself is part of the switch. This switch is called the "pressure switch" and it's the only part with a small rubber hose connecting to it. Since it doesn't sound like the knob itself is a problem and the shaft is what has broken, that pressure switch will need to be replaced.

Tyler Z. :

The part number for the switch is WH12X10301 and it costs about $20. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

Now as for removing the control panel, just pull the washer forward and unplug the unit. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel across the top and such and the front and back of the control panel will split so that you can replace the switch inside.

Customer:

So, I order the switch, remove the screws from the back (unplug of course) and the panel will open allowing me access to the pressure switch. Can I use the same know?

Customer:

sorry meant same know

Customer:

knob

Tyler Z. :

You should be able to use the same knob

Tyler Z. :

It doesn't sound like it was damaged no?

Tyler Z. :

Just remove the shaft from the old knob and push the new knob onto the pressure switch

Customer:

Ummm, there is no shaft inside the knob.

Customer:

Is the shaft a part of the knob or the pressure switch?

Tyler Z. :

It's a part of the switch. If the shaft is just missing from the old switch, then push it onto the new switch and you should be good to go.

Customer:

Okay, thank you for your help.

Tyler Z. :

No problem and good luck!