Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

how do I reset my Whirlpool dishwasher (WDF530PKYW2)? The

how do I reset my Whirlpool dishwasher (WDF530PKYW2)? The repair guy gave me the sequence and I've since forgotten it. :-(
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

1 To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the
following while in standby:
■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-
1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.
■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the
door is closed.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so then all the lights came on and now just the "normal" and heat dry are on... is it reset? can I use it?

Yes, cancel and it should have reset.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hmmm. I think it reset but it's still not working correctly- the normal button won't work. Do I need to unplug it or cut the power first?

(Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX way)

What is it doing? Just the normal pad not working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All the lights and buttons are working except the normal wash button.

Okay, that is different.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think that totally worked! Why???

Moisture gets behind the panel. The heat and rubbing helps to displace it. Glad it worked!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Awesome, thank you!!!!

You are very welcome, have a great evening!