Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

JBR2086HES is not running. Lights and fan run and relay

JBR2086HES is not running.

Lights and fan run and relay is new. I ordered a new compressor then realized I was not able to do this myself. Is there another problem other than my compressor that I can check first?
Bob
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Okay so you replaced the relay already ? has anyone checked for voltage to the relay ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, several repair men. And it is not the problem. It was replaced several years ago
okay unfortunately if your getting 120 volts to the relay and the compressor isn't starting they are correct the compressor is the issue. the compressor does need to be replaced by an HVAC tech by law. I wish there was something else you could check before hiring someone to install the compressor. sorry.