Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Hi, same appliance but one side is hot, the other cool and

Hi, same appliance but one side is hot, the other cool and compressor is hot. Can I get the hot fridge cool again? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Please take your time and make the checks below.

First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

If the freezer fan is operating and you found no frost on the rear inside wall of the freezer go around behind the unit and remove the lower panel. Touch the compressor on the top. Is the compressor hot, warm or cold and is it vibrating? And have you heard a buzz or click from back there?

Is the fan back there working as well?

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barry,

Thank u for responding.

Last night I thought it was signs of frost I saw through the vents so I unplugged the unit and sure enough, I've just found water inside the bottom of the both cool and warm fridges. The fan is blowing inside both fridges and the fan beside the compressor is working also. The compressor is hot, vibrating but no buzz. The fact that one fridge is blowing cold leads me to think there maybe a sensor fault on the warm fridge but...

Thks
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Len I am looking to see if I can find diagrams for your model. Please be patient, you are very welcome sir, thank you for the opportunity.

Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rush pls
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Len I am so sorry. I keep getting diagrams for a Franklin Chef wine cooler with that model number. I know its an Ever Star. I am sure that is not correct, let me relist your question. Perhaps another tech will have the correct information.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure it's the same unit rebranded.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

IS the unit that is cooling cooling to actual proper temperature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, one side is cooling normal but the other is room temp, just checked.

Thks
Remove the inside back panel of the unit is not cooling to get at the fan. Check the sir funnel that draws air from the side that is cooling to the one that is not. It may be blocked. or not working. This is not a sensor issue due to the issue you are having. The only problem is they do not make any parts for your unit at all. There is nothing available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank u. I'll have a look next weekend and let u know. Appreciate your Followup.
No problem, all I ask is that you rate my assistance.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.