Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a Whirlpool duet washer and it will stop in the middle

Customer Question

Have a Whirlpool duet washer and it will stop in the middle of wash cycle have seen several post but none covers what mine is doing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. can you get us the full model number ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

WFW9150WW01 is the model number Sir

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay perfect, now is this draining correctly when it get to the rinse ? No water left in the drum ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

it will not get to rinse cycle once it shuts down it will flash a code and from what I have got from the codes it comes out as a code 18 but the problem I am having is the code 18 is different on different forums.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
you get a F18 error ? does it have an F in front of the 18 ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

mine model does not have display was pulling code off flashing light on wash it flashes once pauses then flashed 8 times.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay when you checked the drain trap was there anything in it ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

first time yes cleaned it out and it done same thing and was clean ran afresh through it and it stopped in same place as it does when we wash or run with nothing in it will not finish wash cycle you can unplug it and move to rinse and it will run completely through.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
Okay well I'm just trying to see if this stops at the drain cycle , does the door stay locked and the lock light on ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

door stays locked.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay well it seems its one of two things, 1 theres something in the pump itself (not the trap) or the pump is failing and is weak. can you pull the pump all the way out and check the impeller inside the pump ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

have looked into that and it is free nothing inside the pump. I have looked into just about everything from drain trap, pump, drain hose, replaced water over fill switch several things I can not think of right now. I know it is something not real expensive as it would be to replace with new washer and am out of things to look into except the cpu and that was in a post I have read. Is this possible?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
well yes the CCU is possibly the issue , since you have actually checked inside the pump itself then we can eliminate the pump I believe. I just hate telling you it could be a $107.00 part. the company I usually use has a full money back guaranty even if you installed it but their out of stock. I would recommend replacing it but I recommend somewhere that lets you return parts just in case. the 18 error is referring to a drain error though that could still be the control board.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no need to say you hate to tell me and honestly $107 is much cheaper that adding $600 so to that to replace. So in your opinion would you replace it and do you have any other parts places to get that accepts returns if you install it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
I'm not sure where else they give a money back guaranty but heres the part number and you can look around and see who does. I think there is a couple of other places on line that do though. just google; this part number. W10387706
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

thank you very much for your help I am looking at Appliance Parts Pros is this same place?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
That's a different site, I'm not sure about their returns policy. they are a good company though. thanks and have a great day, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hello Bryan,

I have some more info to add about my washer I cleaned everything again drain and hoses and noticed there was water in liquid bleach dispenser removed dispenser took it apart and cleaned it and now about every two or three loads it will run all the way thru I removed every thing from the main drain going to pump out even took pump apart to double check just hate to spend money don't need to spend. I am still thinking it is either pump or ccu if is the pump why would it work fine once and not the rest and why would it rinse just fine when you put to rinse cycle?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

well the pump could work sometimes and not others I seen that before if theres a dead spot in it. I would replace the pump and see if that works, The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

heres the link. drain pump that's the best way to go at this point.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I will purchase one but it will be next week before I can install and let you know results due to me working 6 days a week thank you for info.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
your welcome, this question will stay open as long as you need me, thanks and good luck, Bryan