Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE GSM 1800 JWW model number HM 8011 64C No matter

I have a GE GSM 1800 JWW model number HM 8011 64C

No matter how I stack the dishes, when the dishwashing cycle is done, I still have about half of the detergent left in the dispenser box on both sides and it is so hard that I have to chip it out with a knife, I have cleaned the spray arms both on the top and the bottom and I am careful not to block the door opening with dishes. I am using the standard cascade detergent. I cannot figure out why this is happening. Thank you for your help. Mark R. Benton
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Can you start the cycle and let it fill with water then open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom of the dishwasher ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I am doing that now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The water filled up just enough to cover the heater element.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
how much do you think in inches ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As measured, approximately one (1) inch.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the water level is too low, you should have at least double that. I would replace your water inlet valve. these tend to get gummed up inside and either don't open fully or there partly clogged inside. this is located behind the access panel under the door in the front. heres a link to order it . Valve this will take care of the issue. the fill cycle is timed and if enough water doesn't come in for the allotted time therefore low water levels.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.