Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool gold bottom freezer (model GI7FVCXWB00) leaks water

Whirlpool gold bottom freezer (model GI7FVCXWB00) leaks water out of the ice maker. Ice is made but then melts in the bin
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. So is the ice maker itself leaking the water ? coming over the side and dripping down into the bin ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the icemaker is not leaking. Ice it melting in the bin after it is made, then leaking through the dispenser onto the tray outside the door.

Oh Okay thanks for clarifying that , do you hear the ice maker fan running in the refrigerator section ? number 21 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think so. I can hear a fan, but I thinks its the one in the freezer below

okay that's the issue then. the fan brings the cold air from the freezer to freeze the ice and bin. the fan is either stopping or slowing down causing the ice to melt, this is a common issue on these. you need to replace the evaporator motor, heres a link to order it from Sears if you wish. ySuffixId=&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W1103109&diagramPageId=00003&productTypeId=&searchModelNumber=GI7FVCXWB00&subCompDesc=Refrigerator%20liner%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=GI7FVCXWB00&keyId=21