Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HELLO I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL GT4175SPQ4 MICROWAVE. IT WILL NOT

HELLO
I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL GT4175SPQ4 MICROWAVE. IT WILL NOT HEAT; THE FAN AND TURNTABLE DON'T WORK, BUT THE INTERIOR LIGHT AND KEYBOARD DOES WORK. I SUSPECT A FUSE IS THE PROBLEM - ANY ADVICE?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually a fuse wouldn't cause this issue, however, this is a fairly well-known problem. There are three interlock door switches just behind the front panel of the microwave. If one of these three switches isn't giving a good signal the turntable will not move and the microwave will not heat. You will need to remove the control panel and test the three switches to determine which switch has failed. If all three switches by chance test good then unfortunately this means that your display control board isn't reading the switches properly. The display board itself will need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to test the door switches if you have a multimeter so that you can determine which switch is bad. The access to the switches might be just slightly different on your particular model but the testing procedure is the exact same.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WILL THE SWITCH PROBLEM ALSO CAUSE THE FAN MOTOR TO NOT RUN?

yes, it's all part of the same switch issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. ONCE I DETERMINE WHICH SWITCH IS DEFECTIVE, WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GET A NEW SWITCH FOR A WHIRLPOOL MICROWAVE IN MIAMI?

If you have a Sears Parts and Service center then you can pick up the part there, or you can order it online at searspartsdirect.com if you wanted.